Who can enter?
Entries are open to all in-house, agency and freelance communicators – you don’t have to be an Institute member but there's a discounted entry fee if you are. Click here to join IoIC Today.
What can be entered?
We’re the Institute of Internal Communication so work that’s primarily meant for an internal audience is what we’re looking for. But we do interpret ‘internal’ as any communication that builds a shared understanding or fosters a sense of community among a clearly defined group – so, stakeholders, members of associations and in some cases, customers. What’s important is that it’s not marketing or external communication – not ‘selling’ an idea.
How do I enter?
- Judges rely on the quality of your submission. Please think carefully about the information you offer. If you don’t tell judges enough they may mark you down
- In the entry kit we have suggested maximum word counts; if you exceed them a little no one will worry, but if you exceed them by a lot then you’re unlikely to impress the judges
- Read the entry criteria carefully and decide where your work fits best: you’re welcome to enter more than one category.
- If you’re not sure, please contact us and we’ll be happy to advise. We review all entries before they go to judges and if we feel your entry would be better placed in another class, we will move it.
- Different categories are judged by different criteria. Read the guidance under each category heading carefully. It will guide you to include the information that judges will be looking for.
Once you’ve decided what you want to enter, here are the next steps:
- Fill in a form for each entry you’re entering in the awards, this can be done by completing the form included in the
- entry kit or go to our online entry form, click here
- Attach your supporting information and examples of your work as directed in the entry kit.
You can email your entries to Tim Beynon at [email protected] or post them to:
Institute of Internal Communication
Awards entry fees
|2017 ENTRY FEES||IoIC Member||Non-Member|
|Early bird fees (for entries received on or before 07 April 2017||£95 + VAT (£114) per entry||£160 + VAT (£192) per entry|
|Late enrtry fee (for entries received 08 - 28 April 2017||£130 + VAT (£156) per entry||£185 + VAT (£222 per entry|
|Public sector or not for profit (for entries received on or before 07 April||£85 + VAT (£102) per entry||£140 + VAT (£168) per entry|
The judging process
We are looking for excellence, passion and commitment so the judging process is robust.
All entries are assessed by experiences judges will extensive experience in internal communication. They will rate them according to clear criteria and will provide a short critique of the work. The judges will select candidates for awards of excellence
and select a class winner. All judging forms are calibrated following the judging process to ensure consistency and fairness.