Do you love your career? If so, you can increase your career opportunities by becoming an IoIC Professional Practitioner.
Show you are serious about:
- Continuously building your skills and knowledge as a communication professional
- Keeping abreast of a fast-moving business environment
- Making a practical difference in your organisation
- Developing a new specialism
This status can be promoted on your CV and LinkedIn profile and you will be publicly registered on the IoIC website.
Ongoing professional development is essential for any serious professional.
The IoIC's CPD programme gives you a structure that means you:
- Learn in a flexible way that suits your requirements and your pocket
- Assess the practical benefits of each piece of learning to you and your organisation
- Get recognition for your investment in your development
To achieve 'IoIC Accredited Practitioner' status, you need three years' experience* in internal communication and to use the CPD process to get credit for the investment you probably already make each year in your own development (*or have achieved a relevant qualification). This process is subject to an audit to ensure high quality standards.
Advantages of CPD system
- Your own personal learning space on the Institute’s system - click here
- Optional free mentoring to help you achieve your aims - click here
- Guidance on published resources - click here
- Signposting to events and seminars - click here
‘In a competitive employment market, being able to do the job is no longer enough. You need to be the best person for the job, better than any of the other candidates interviewing for the same role.
'Ongoing personal development, staying up-to-date with the latest trends in IC and knowing more than the next person is really important and will help you land that dream role.'
Andrew Harvey, Managing Consultant
Internal Communications Practice
‘Attending to your professional development on a continuing and systematic basis is the hallmark of a true professional. It’s the only way to remain up to speed with developments in practice and keep your skills sharp’
Course Leader of the BA (Hons) Public Relations and Communication Degree, Southampton Solent University
Senior Communicator's View
'Keeping on top of the current and future hot thinking in IC shows your business that you’re leading the way and that they have a high quality, professional team. And a qualification in IC is still rare enough that it will be a point of difference for you personally when you’re looking for your next role.'
Head of Internal Communications, UK, Atkins