IoIC Membership Grades are designed to reflect your career achievements
The IoIC grades of membership have been designed to reflect different levels of experience and qualifications, with a range of opportunities to progress through the grades during your career and demonstrate your achievements.
You can join at one of four levels of membership – Affiliate, Member, Certified Member or Fellow, with the following entry criteria:
If you are starting out in your career or simply working within the internal communication sector, you are eligible to become an Affiliate of IoIC. With no formal entry criteria, it is open to all.
Member status is a professional membership grade of IoIC, recognising achievement and experience. You are eligible to join as a Member, if you have one of the following:
- At least 2 years' relevant experience within internal communication
- Graduated from the IoIC Foundation Diploma and 1 year's of experience
- Graduated from the IoIC Advanced Diploma
- Hold an internal communication-related qualification
Certified Member (CIIC)
Certified Member status is the professional membership grade that demonstrates significant levels of experience and achievement.
You are eligible to join as a Certified Member, if you have one of the following:
- Graduated from the Kingston Undergraduate Diploma in IC Management
- Graduated from the Kingston University MA in IC Management
- Graduated from the IoIC Advanced Diploma and 1 year's experience
- Graduated from the IoIC Foundation Diploma and 2 years' experience
- Hold an internal communication related qualification and 4 years’ experience
- Can demonstrate at least 5 years' significant experience
Fellowship is a public, highly respected quality mark and is evidence of significant attainment for employers seeking to recruit for senior IC roles.
To achieve Fellow status, you must be shaping the strategy, design, delivery or management of IC, or be responsible for a significant portfolio of IC projects or people, or be acknowledged as an expert in a particular IC subject area, or be delivering IC education and training.
You will also need to have been involved with the IC sector for at least 10 years (or to have been an IoIC member for at least two years) and demonstrated a strong commitment to your own personal development.
Individuals must complete the application form and will be granted Fellowship following a face-to-face interview assessment.
For further information and to apply for Fellowship click here