CPD activities can include any of the following:
- Training courses, conferences, seminars, member events and webinars
- Studying for a qualification (IoIC or other)
- Reading books, articles and journals
- Supporting others through coaching and mentoring
- Delivering presentations or submitting for awards
- In-house development and working on projects
- Participating in voluntary committees or boards
To find CPD activities, take a look through the IoIC website which has a range of training courses, qualifications, conferences and free member events. This is also where you can sign up to the IoIC mentoring programme. Log on to the IoIC website to access member content, including case studies in the Knowledge Bank and your quarterly copy of Voice magazine. Talk to your employer as there may be formal and informal development opportunities within your organisation, use your appraisal as an opportunity to discuss your learning and career goals. Get in touch with your regional network to get involved with the IoIC where you are and participate in upcoming events which are hosted regularly across the country. IoIC also accredits a number of third party providers so be sure to see if any other activities you are involved in can be logged.
For more information on CPD activities, download the CPD table here.