If you are starting out in internal communication, the Foundation Diploma is for you.Achieving the qualification gives proof that you have mastered the core essentials of communication practice and the necessary background information to underpin best practice in the following areas:
- Introduction to IC, its role and significance
- Audiences and media
- Legal issues
- Prioritising and time management
- Writing/editing and proof reading
- Interpersonal skills
- Working effectively with internal/external contacts
You will be awarded a Foundation Diploma of Proficiency from IoIC on successful completion, accredited by Southampton Solent Univeristy.
You will also be eligible to upgrade to IoIC Member (MIIC) status, if you can show an additional 1 year of experience after completion of the Foundation Diploma. You will then be able to use the recognised letters to demonstrate your achievements and experience.
- You will attend an initial immersion day. This is where the standards required to attain the qualification are shared and you meet the other members of your 'cohort' of IC practitioners preparing for the qualification at the same time.
- You will build a professional portfolio, giving examples of each skills and knowledge area required for the diploma. You do this back in the workplace.
- You will produce a communication plan for a practical project in the workplace that you have been involved in either leading or supporting. You will also reflect on what you learnt from being part of the project.
- You will sit an examination, including an interview with senior communication professionals.
WHERE CAN I STUDY?
Your workplace becomes your classroom as you collect evidence of attainment of each skill and area of knowledge, including the practical project. You will be given guidance on current communication texts to help you to increase your knowledge and reflect on what you have done and learnt.
You will have the opportunity to attend two IoIC training programmes of your choice to help you fill specific skill gaps.
HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED?
The written professional portfolio and workplace project that you produce will be assessed by our examiners. There will be a three-hour exam and interview at the end of the 6-9 months.
DO I QUALIFY?
There are no minimum entry requirements for the IoIC Foundation Diploma of Proficiency in Internal Communication other than membership of IoIC.
UPCOMING IMMERSION EVENTS
- Tuesday 18 July 2017
The Foundation Diploma costs £1,795 + VAT and you must be a member to undertake the qualification.
To find out more, complete the enquiry form below or email [email protected]
You can also download our Profressional Development brochure here
• Please note: Anyone taking the programme agrees to abide by the rulings of the Institute.